Sunday, August 13, 2006


"There are a few things I know I'll remember at the end of my life. Some of them may be things I would as soon forget, things so small they should have been forgotten a long time ago, but so sharp they can't be; others are things like Viv exhausted, sitting in the dark for hours on end stroking my brow until I fell asleep. She probably doesn't think twice about it now. She's probably forgotten it completely. But I think about it all the time, every time my head feels like it's splitting down the middle: it is the soothing touch of trust and forgiveness; and if any other woman has ever touched me like that, I was neither smart nor old or unselfish enough to recognize it. Thinking back on it, it makes me ashamed to have ever suggested that a woman wouldn't die for love".

Steve Ericksson, Amnesiascope

No comments: